Monday, August 17, 2015

Whats up Nails, Mermaid Nails.

Hey guys,

I have been contemplating posting this all week. I loved the idea of mermaid nails but I wasn't totally happy with how they turned out. At the end of the day I decided what the hell, everybody makes mistakes, right? I figured someone could probably learn from my mistakes and have a better experience with nail vinyls.

First, I painted my nails with two coats of Andrew, from Colors by Llarowe, and let it dry completely. I love this color and thought it would be a great base for a mermaid nail. Next, I applied my mermaid scale vinyls from Whats up Nails and made sure there was no space between the vinyl and my nail. Then, I decided to paint Believe in Miracles, Color of the Month from Colors by Llarowe, directly over the nail vinyls. Lastly, I removed the nail vinyls with a normal pair of tweezers and added a top coat.

Here is what I learned from the process I followed. I wish now that I would have used a latex free cosmetic sponge rather that painting directly on the vinyls. When I painted the polish directly over the nail vinyl, there was too much excess polish at the tip of my nails that was a little difficult to work with when removing the vinyls. The other mistake I made was not waiting long enough to put a top coat on over the entire design. This caused the two colors to smear together and the difference from the light to dark color wasn't as noticeable.

The funny part of all this was that I later discovered that my pointer nail is upside down! It took me days to notice that, that had happened. I really loved the nail vinyls and how they applied, I definitely need to focus more next time to make sure they are all going the same direction, lol. I hope you learned something from my experience. I know they may look complicated but give the vinyls a chance, they are super fun and easier to use than you would think.

Love, Kathy.










No comments:

Post a Comment